Sunday, December 29, 2013

*JK*



You see this guy? His name is Josh, I like to call him Joshua for fun! Well he kinda has my heart ... shhh .... Do you see that smile on his face? Well he never smiles in pictures, besides pics with his boys, but I do think that his smile means I kinda have his heart too!

Our very first date he asked me to go to church with him. I won't lie, that pretty much did me in without knowing much about him.  What fella does that? And then on that 3rd Sunday of the month, he asked me to his attend his baptism. From that point on, we have been pretty much inseparable. Some may say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and I do believe that, however; I can't stand to be away from this guy (and I am 99.73% sure he feels the same) Guess you could say I have a HUGE schoolgirl crush on him, and that's okay, I don't mind, because I honestly do.

I am so glad that God placed him in my (our) life. It was something so very unexpected, and neither of us were "looking" but it happened, and things have fallen into place. The right place.  I always prayed to God that he would give me a "Christian country boy who drove a big red truck" and you know what ... I got just that AND more! His beard and two boys! God does hear our prayers, even when they are something like this!!

I/we sit back weekly, and sometimes daily since we live apart, watching our children play with one another and fight as if they have known one another for years! I am so thankful for our children's relationship too. Blended families as I continue to read, are NOT an easy thing. This is why I am praying, as our relationship continues to grow with one another, it also continues to grow in Christ. This guy prays for me, and I pray for him; we pray for our children and what our future will one day be. A conversation that we had one evening, months ago via text, that I will never forget goes something like this: (not gonna lie, I actually saved this text)

Josh: So what are you doing?
Me: Reading my devo, and listening to praise and worship
Josh: I love it when you read your devotional
Me: Why is that?
Josh: Because I read mine, and when we are both in God's word that is an awesome thing. Having a strong relationship with God is the key to lasting relationships on earth.


                                                             SWOON

I can NOT tell you ladies, and guys if you are reading, how my heart melted at that exact moment!
A guy who puts our Heavenly Father first and foremost, in his life is a keeper I'm afraid. In all my years of being married, I did not have that. I am not here to judge by any means, and to each their own, but it was something I had always wanted. I enjoy the deep conversations we have about Christ and sharing bible verses and what they mean to each of us. The conversations we have about trusting God with what He plans for our future are amazing.

I'll stop gushing for now, but I will say I am one lucky and blessed girl to have him and his two little fellas in my life! This is just another reminder to me of  Joel 2:25.








3 comments:

  1. Linked here from 8 Rising blog.

    I really like this post. Thanks for a positive statement on the role of men/husbands! This post resonates with me right now b/c I posted on Family Fountain yesterday about fathers teaching their sons to be the kind of men/husbands/fathers that you have written about here. Please link over if you get a chance.

    Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Warren for visiting, and I am thankful my post could be uplifting. I think you are correct; it is so important for father's to teach their sons to be Godly men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking over and following Family Fountain. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete