Friday, December 13, 2013

Joel 2:25

For I will repay you for what the locust have eaten.  Joel 2:25

2013 was quite the whirlwind in my personal life, however, it was this Bible verse that I seemed to grasp and hold onto that got me through some of my most painful days.

What have the locust eaten or destroyed?  Israel's crops had been destroyed by these locust, and the impact was more than a year, possibly consecutive years. The crops had been completely wiped out and would take years to redevelop.  Joel used this as an illustration of God restoring what he had promised. To his people who would have a repentant heart, he would place blessing after judgement.

When I think back through this year, and even 2012, I can honestly see where this verse is and has become very relevant in my life. The painful separation and divorce I went through once again was truly giving way. I felt so worthless, insecure and guilty to put my sweet children through the painful process once again. I did know, without a doubt, that God was there with us, and HE was the only one who was going to restore what was taken away. Of course, I wanted it right then and there, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. It was going to take time. His time. His healing. His grace.

I will end this post with this ... I look forward to sharing with you just how God continues to restore our lives.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to writing my friend- I love watching the restoration and am so glad you'll be sharing more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels awesome to be back! Looking forward to sharing ... and even how you had something to do with a smidgen of this restoration ;)

    ReplyDelete