Monday, December 16, 2013

crave

Crave (verb)  to have a very strong desire for something; to want greatly

Why crave? We all crave something. For children, it could be toys or candy, for teenagers, it may be the latest fashion, for men, possibly something to do with food or even sports, and for women? The list could go on and on ... a tidy house, no arguing children, chocolate!!

For King and Country, a Christian band, Crave is the title of one of their songs. The first time I heard it performed was live, at our church, The Church at Argyle, in Jacksonville, FL. My girls begged that night to buy band merchandise and I caved, and we bought the CD. Crave is the very last song on this album. As I listen to the lyrics sang daily, yes I said daily, because this is how much we listen to this album, it is no joke that we all crave for hope. I know I do.

For me personally speaking, I have always hoped or craved that I could move on in my life, move on from the bitterness and anger that I was hanging onto towards my ex. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed some more, and it was this song that really began to stick out:

Hope is what we crave, and that will never change
So I stand and wait
I need a drop of grace to carry me today,
A simple song to say
It's written on my soul;
Hope's what we crave.


I needed God's grace to get me through this difficult time in my life. It was only God's grace, that I could look at this individual (if truth be told) weekly at church as if nothing had ever happened between us. It was by God's grace that I could be loving and kind to this individual. There have been many friends in my life who, on a regular basis would ask me how I could even stand to be in the same room with him, and I would simply reply, grace. God's sweet grace (and forgiveness, but that will be another post!!) AND, I am no perfect individual myself, and I was undeserving of God's grace, but folks, that is all of us, and He loves us all just the same. 

I still crave for hope. I am extremely hopeful for my future, because I know, no matter what, God has something big and great and awesome in store me. I also stand firm in knowing as it is stated in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future of hope."



Blessings! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment